Tuesday, May 3, 6:30–9 p.m.
Fact: Original video increases your web views, improves your online search engine rank, and gives your audience more insight into you and your company. With the explosion of online marketing, multimedia journalism and citizen reporting, the ability to shoot your own video is essential. Get this: Youtube is now the second most popular search engine in the world (behind Google) with 300 million worldwide visitors a month.
But just pressing the record button is only a start. How do you create that next viral video (or just get your family, friends or potential customers to watch)? Whether you’re a proficient poster or a broadcast beginner, this seminar will teach you techniques to market yourself, your business, and expand your writing to a “multi-platform” level using video. More importantly, you’ll learn professional broadcast video tips to telling your online story so it stands out from the rest. Believe us, it’s way easier, cheaper and more fun than you think.
In this 2.5-hour, hands-on workshop you will:
- Compare the easiest, cheapest, most user friendly video equipment to use (web cams, cell phones, HD pocket cams – and even how to create exciting videos with just photographs)
- Discover why Youtube is your best, easiest tool for hosting video
- Master the skills to upload, edit, font and embed videos into your site
- Understand the basics of story telling, lighting and focus
- Collect tips on getting professional quality audio
- Optimize your online video so audiences can find you
- Get the hot sites and platforms for posting your work
- Learn how online video can propel you to the next step of your career
- BRING YOUR LAPTOP AND ANY VIDEO EQUIPMENT YOU ALREADY HAVE FOR HANDS-ON HELP
|Enroll Now! to attend the class on Tuesday, May 3, 6:30–9 p.m.
100% Safe and Secure – We are PayPal verified. Click now and you’ll get an immediate email confirming your seat. Instant confirmation only available online
(to pay by. check, scroll to the end of this post)
The Shocking Real Life Center for Continuing Education location:
The class is taught in the historic Castleberry Artist district in Atlanta! Click HERE for directions from your location to our storefront space at 313 Nelson St., Atlanta, GA 30313!
Because we don’t do boring.
To pay by check:
- Write a check for the cost of the class payable to “Jim Hackler” and mail to Jim Hackler, 115 W. Peachtree Place #417, NW, Atlanta, GA 30313.
- Send Jim a note at Jim@TheUrbaneEnvironmentalist.com. Include your name, email, which seminar you are signing up for, and the date the check was mailed.
- When Jim receives your email, he will email you a preliminary confirmation. After Jim receives your check, you will get a confirmation email notifying you that you are registered in your Shocking Real Life course.. . . . .
We’re located just west of Downtown Atlanta. Our Atlanta blogging seminar students come from Fulton, Dekalb, Cobb, and Gwinnett County. They come from midtown, Marietta, Norcross, Sandy Springs, near the perimeter, outside the perimeter, on Peachtree or north of metro Atlanta. That includes Suwanee, Lithonia, Lawrenceville, Kennesaw, Emory, Douglasville, Decatur, Chamblee, Conyers, Buford, Alpharetta, Saturn, Pluto, and the ocassional escapee from the nearest black hole.
Nationally recognized, multi-platform journalist, Jim Hackler (www.TheUrbaneEnvironmentalist.com) has worked in broadcast news at CNN and is the co-curator of MODA’s new multi-media exhibit Atlanta: Beyond Bricks and Sticks. He’s a contributor writer and editor to a number of magazines including Delta Sky, Natural Home, and LoftLife. As the former head of two of the country’s leading green building initiatives ( U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED for Homes and Atlanta’s EarthCraft House program), Jim has been called on to help effectively communicate the green message in hundreds of publications, television programs, national conferences, workshops, blogs, websites and design charrettes.
Refund policy: Enrollment is limited. If you need to cancel your registration for a class or seminar, please notify email@example.com by email as soon as possible. Refunds, minus a $25 administration cost, will be remitted for cancellation notifications made up to two weeks in advance of elected seminar. For cancellations made up to one week in advance of the elected seminar, a credit, good for one year, will be issued towards a future Shocking Real-Life class or seminar of the same price. Any cancellation made within one week of the elected seminar results in forfeiture of the registration fee.